Monday, April 18, 2011

384) Unstoppable (2010)

384) Unstoppable (2010) Dir: Tony Scott Date Released: November 2010 Date Seen: November 24, 2010 Rating: 3.25/5

I'm not going to defend Scott as a brilliant action director because I don't believe he is one. I like his films because I enjoy their spirit of visual experimentation (dig that scene on the train where he dumps grain all over Chris Pine and Denzel to better show their bodies in motion) and Scott's comfort with generic narratives. So yeah, I enjoyed it. I don't buy the "Tony Scott is a Savant Genius" argument because, well, his work isn't ingenious, just gangly, often engaging in a shrill kind of way and frequently visually engaging. I don't care how uncool I look for saying this: make mine The Hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment